The Importance of Nitric Oxide in the Prevention of Aging
by Catherine Pagliaro
Nitric Oxide Releases Trapped Fat
Now, remember that you must consult with your health care practitioner before undergoing any new nutritional or exercise program to assure it is right for you!
Your blood vessels are a network that carries oxygen, nutrients and fatty acids to the mitochondria of your cells. Mitochondria use the raw materials to fuel energy production. Your blood vessels are like freeways. When a freeway is clear and clean you can zip along to where you want to go quickly. If the Freeway is clogged you move at a snail's pace causing frustration. Your blood vessels are like the freeway and if they have a smooth flow it is the key to burning fat. Your body relies on nitric oxide to act as a traffic control police officer. When cellular energy needs to be released to expand and relax blood vessels which is like adding an extra few lanes to the freeway to expand blood flow. By increasing circulation, nitric oxide brings oxygen, nutrients and fatty acids to the mitochondria. The mitochondria take it all and turn it into fuel.
The problem is that Nitric Oxide decreases in production with each passing year making it tougher to burn fat after 40. At 40 ish we produce half what our bodies produced at 20 according to Japanese researchers. So in the short term this inability to have the mitochondria to create energy fuel results in a slower metabolism, leading to tiredness and creeping weight gain. Unless this problem is resolved it results in impaired organ function, accelerating ageing and thus increasing disease risk.
The good news is that you can take action right now and increase your Nitric Oxide production as it is produced minute to minute. Its simple: East foods that provide the raw material to create nitric oxide; incorporate pleasurable nitric oxide producing strategies like deep breathing and laughing daily. Ok everyone...remember your daily 7 cycles, 7 counts inhale, hold for 2 and 7 count exhale...see why it is so important including activating your vegas nerve...So as you incorporate these simple strategies into your daily Ageless regime your mitochondria is flooded with oxygen, fatty acids to kick fat burning into speed dial. Studies show that women who incorporate these nitric oxide production strategies can lose as much as 10 pounds a week.
Weight Loss is just the start of the health benefits. When you increase the production of nitric oxide you may well see an immediate improvement in your immunity by 26 per cent with restorative sleep as well. Nitric Oxide helps you reverse ageing no matter what your chronological age as it dials up the cellular regeneration process, replacing old cells with new, optimally functioning cells. You will notice thicker hair and glowing skin, increased focus, and a reduction in cognitive decline. Nitric Oxide helps to balance our neurotransmitter levels like dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin. Which results in helping to reduce blue moods and stress. You will also notice your belly flattening while revitalising your health.
Other benefits you may enjoy are a 64% increase in libido, 40% increase in focus, 25% increase in energy, a reduction by 41% in muscle soreness and a reduction in heart disease by 35%.
The body requires a supply of the amino acid arginine and plant-based nitrates that are the precursor to producing nitric oxide. Incorporating three servings of foods that boost nitric oxide into your daily diet will boost nitric oxide production. These foods include arginine-rich poultry, seafood and nuts and nitrate-rich leafy green veggies, celery, beets, parsley and carrots. Antioxidant-rich fruit and vegetables also stimulate nitric oxide production so adding at least one serving will improve results.
So these three delicious foods will help you increase your slimming while your ageless living. Dark Chocolate stores epicatechins and will boost nitric oxide production by 54 %. University of Indonesia researchers suggest is 30 grams of 70% dark chocolate daily. Watermelon is a rich source of an amino acid precursor to nitric oxide. Increase your intake can boost nitric oxide concentration in the blood by 50%. Pomegranates contain polyphenols that will raise the body's level of nitric oxide by 44%. These polyphenols protect nitric oxide from free radicals damage that can deplete the body's stores of the slimming compound.
Nitric Oxide strategies to include daily:
- Deep nasal breathing stimulates nitric oxide production as the enzymes that instruct the body to produce nitric acid are found in the sinuses. Taking deep breaths throughout the day in through your nose will help you burn 27 per cent more fat without doing anything else. And on the exhale when you hum the vibration in the nasal cavity will boost production of nitric oxide as much as 15x.
- Relax in the sunshine without sunscreen for 20 minutes if it is safe for you to do that. Again consult your health care practitioner before undertaking any new program. If you have skin sensitivities of any kind including cancer you must consult with your health care practitioner to find out what is safe. Early am or late evening sun is better...but check your ability to be in the sun without sunscreen before making this a daily habit.
- Enjoy a great laugh. Positive emotions including a strong belly laugh boost nitric oxide. Blood vessels dilate 22% faster than normal after laughter. In a separate study, those that made an effort to enjoy life and be more playful burned 75% more fat and gained 200 % more lean muscle than those who did not summon happy thoughts. Activities like massage, listening to calming music, laughing, sexual activity stimulates nitric oxide production. Healthy pleasure is key to Ageless Living.
- A daily dose of resveratrol found in red wine increases nitric oxide-producing enzymes which leads to an increase in nitric oxide levels by 90% revving up your metabolism by as much as 29%. You can drink 10oz of red wine daily to get the results or take a resveratrol supplement of 500 mg. Again consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any new program.
- Don't overdo your workouts. Exercise ups the body's production of nitric oxide but overdoing it with heavy breathing triggers the production of free radicals that reverse the benefits. So aim to do a 30-minute brisk walk daily with stretching. Yoga, Pilates, Qui Gong, weight resistance all help when done with ease. Easy workouts can result in a 60% drop in appetite and a 65 % increase in energy and 9x increase in weight loss.
So check out the recipe page for some simple starters and watch the results start happening.
I love you!
Catherine Pagliaro, Founder